Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Gu Medicine & Ricky 'The Rockhopper' Penguin - Ice Cold



British rock band G.U. Medicine have recorded a duet with Ricky, a penguin from ZSL London Zoo as part of Jägermeister's 'Serve Ice Cold' Studio Sessions.

The unlikely collaboration between a rock band and a penguin was recorded at London's famous Strongroom Studios in Shoreditch and at as ZSL London Zoo.

Ryan Senior, from G.U. Medicine said "When I was younger I visited London Zoo and saw the penguins but I never imagined that one day I would actually get the opportunity to record a song with one of them!I thought feeding them would be the closest I ever got!"

Ryan added: "Ricky certainly wasn't microphone shy, in fact he actually tried to eat it! He squawked his vocal part like one of the true greats!"

Speaking on behalf of ZSL London Zoo, one of Ricky's keepers, Adrian Walls said: "Ricky has a big personality as visitors to our zoo and staff will testify, and although he had never worked with a music group before he was on top form"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics