Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Welcome to Toronto - Police surround and attack small group of protesters



Peaceful protesters surrounded and attacked by police at Queen and Spadina during the G20 in Toronto.

This is footage I took on sunday june 27 at G20 in Toronto. My sister and I were participating in a peaceful protest march. Everyone was singing and chanting, but absolutely no violence, and no one wearing bandanas or throwing things. We marched west on queen street, but our progress was blocked at spadina avenue. We didnt realize until it was to late that we we're divided from the main group and surrounded. By then it was to late. The cut I get over my left eye is from the unprovoked jab from a cops riot shield. What you dont see is the beating I got after they dragged me away... the charges we received... Breach of the Peace. Ironic.

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics